Check here for our rules FAQ.
Lady of the Lake GT 2017
Saturday, July 29th and Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Kings of War: 5 Games - 2,200 Points
Location: Mr. D’s Bar and Grill (Directions found at: www.mrdsbar.com)
Early Registration Discount: $55 if registered and paid by June 1st, 2017
A maximum of 50 players will be allowed due to venue space.
Players are encouraged to donate to Gamers 4 Giving for this event. Every $1 given becomes $10 worth of food for a local food shelf. Players who donate will be given opportunities to win prizes from our large prize table and a tournament re-roll dice which can be used once per game. Please see the section for Gamers 4 Giving for more details.
Chess Clocks will be used this year.
Each player is responsible for having a chess clock. (can be an App on your phone)
Each player will have 65 minutes per side.
If time expires, players must immediately cease all further actions with their army.
This means put your dice down and move back any units currently in combat to 1”.
Players do NOT automatically lose when they run out of time.
Army list construction:
Army size: 2,200 points
All Mantic books are allowed that are current as of 30 days prior to the event.
Current Mantic FAQ & Errata rules will be used.
Allies are allowed based on the Kings of War main rule book.
The current Twilight Kin army list from the Mantic website is allowed.
Heroes from the Destiny of Kings book are allowed.
The Kings of War Historical Armies book is allowed.
- No allies may be used with the Historical Armies book.
- All Historical armies count as "Neutral" for alignment.
The rule changes for the recent release of the Clash of Kings rule pack will be used for this tournament. See below. And, the rules from the expected February release of the Tournament Book by Mantic will most likely be used.
Special Event Rules In addition to the normal game rules and those tournament rules detailed above, for the UK Clash of Kings 2016, the following additions and modifications will be in effect for all games played on the weekend.
Unit Entry Changes
Cursed Pharaoh – This unit has Defence 5 not 6. The points value remains the same.
Ahmunite Pharaoh– This unit has Defence 5 not 6. The points value remains the same.
Special Rules Note the amendments to the following special rule:
The unit can move over anything (blocking terrain, enemy units, friendly units when charging, etc.), but still cannot land on top of them. The unit does not suffer hindered charges for moving over difficult terrain or obstacles, unless it ends the move within or touching them. The unit also has the Nimble special rule.
While Disordered, units lose Fly. Note that this also means they lose the Nimble that Fly provides too, unless they have it by another means (such as Individuals).
Within your main force, you cannot select the same unit entry of type War Engine, Hero or Monster more than 3 times. For example, in a goblin army, you could take a maximum of 3 War Trombones and a maximum of 3 Wiz heroes. You could still then take up to 3 Biggits of course.
Allies If you include allies, you cannot select the same allied unit entry of type War Engine, Hero (all types) or Monster more than once. For example, in a goblin allied contingent, you could take a maximum of 1 War Trombone and a maximum of 1 Wiz hero.
In addition, magic artefacts cannot be given to any allied units you take.
In addition to the main force, a Knight Champion will be added to the army.
This knight is considered part of the main force and not an ally.
The knight used will be dependent upon the alignment of the main force.
Players need to bring a cavalry model that represents their Knight Champion.
The player with the most impressive Knight Champion will win a trophy.
The Knight Champion is worth 200 victory points when routed.
All Knight Champions have the following profile
S M R D A Nv
8 3+ - 5+ 6 14/16
Each Knight Champion will have the following additional rules dependent upon the alignment of the main force.
Cavalry Height 2, Individual, Inspiring, Elite, Iron Resolve (2), Crushing Strength 1, Thunderous Charge 2
Spell: Heal (5)
Neutral: Defender of Nature
Cavalry Height 2, Individual, Inspiring, Pathfinder, Regeneration (5+), Crushing Strength 1, Thunderous Charge 2
Spell: Wind Blast (8)
Evil: Shadow Knight
Cavalry Height 2, Individual, Inspiring, Vicious, Life Leach (2), Crushing Strength 1, Thunderous Charge 2
Spell: Bane Chant (3)
This is a CLOSED LIST tournament for the games, but players must provide a copy of their army list to their opponents at the end of each game. All units must be disclosed to your opponent at the start of the game. However, spells and artifacts do not have to be disclosed until they would come into play during the games.
Models used may be from any product line or manufacturer.
All of the models used MUST be appropriate models for the units they are representing. If models are used as proxies, they must be easily recognized as the unit they are representing by your opponent or they will not be allowed.
Any model that will be used in the tournament MUST be placed on display for appearance score judging.
An additional appearance award will be awarded to the army with the best appearance score who’s army consists of at least 75% of Mantic models.
Please use base sizes that are appropriate for the unit the model(s) are representing. If a larger base must be used due to a dramatic model, use the Arc of Sight rules for the model or unit found on page 70 of the hard cover rule book which covers how to handle Arc of Sight in these situations.
If using dramatic basing for units, a unit is still required to have 50% plus 1 of the models on the movement base or tray for the unit it should be representing.
All terrain is preset with rules specific to each individual table. Players will be expected to leave the terrain in the same place and condition as they found it upon departing from their game.
All games will be played using the rules for the “Kill!” scenario found on page 85 of the hardcover Kings of War Basic Rulebook with the following exceptions:
Each unit is assigned a value called Control Strength based on the following chart which will be used to control objectives and terrain for additional victory points.
0 – Individuals, War Engines
1 - Troops, Monsters, Heroes which aren't Individual, Units with Height 0
2 – Regiments
3 – Hordes, Legions
- Victory Points will be awarded for each piece of terrain a player controls. To control a piece of terrain a player must have a unit with Control Strength within 3” of the terrain. If both players have units which add up to the same amount of Control Strength within 3” of the same piece of terrain, the terrain is contested and no points are awarded. Terrain on the battlefield is worth varying amounts of victory points ranging from 25 points to 300 points based on the level of importance of controlling the objectives within each of the game tables. These victory points will be displayed on each of the tables.
- Additional Victory Points may be awarded based on specific scenario conditions unique to the terrain table you are playing at. A display plaque will be placed at each table outlining the rules for the table including the deployment zone that should be used.
Army Command cards will be used.
- Each player will be given 5 scenario cards at the start of the tournament.
- Players will also receive 3 Objective Markers
- Each scenario card may only be used once for the entire tournament.
- Army Command cards are revealed by opponents at the same time.
- Army Command cards are revealed prior to deployment.
- Additional Victory points are awarded based on the commands.
When an Army Command card is revealed, the objectives apply to BOTH players.
Tournament points will be awarded as follows based on Victory Points scored:
- 10 points – Defeating your opponent by 2000+ points
- 9 points – Defeating your opponent by 1600-1999 points
- 8 points – Defeating your opponent by 1200-1599 points
- 7 points – Defeating your opponent by 800-1199 points
- 6 points – Defeating your opponent by 400-799 points
- 5 points – Victory point margin is 399 points or less
- 4 points – Losing by 400-799 points
- 3 points – Losing by 800-1199 points
- 2 points – Losing by 1200-1599 points
- 1 point – Losing by 1600 points or more
Tournament scoring is based on Battle Points, Painting Scores and Sportsmanship.
115 Total Tournament Points (50 Battle / 25 Painting / 25 Sportsmanship / 15 Bonus)
Scoring breaks down as follows:
- Battle Points - up to 10 points per game. 50 points maximum for the tournament.
Each game’s victory points will award you between 1-10 tournament points.
- Sportsmanship Points - up to 25 points maximum for the tournament.
- Receive 1 point for showing up to each game on time, prepared to play.
- Receive 1 point for each time you turn your score sheet in by the end of the round.
- Receive 1 point for each “Good Game” vote by your opponent for each round.
- Receive 2 points for each “Best Game” vote by your opponents.
- Appearance Points - up to 25 points maximum for the tournament.
Self-judging checklist for players for up to 17 possible points
To maximize these points, armies should be painted to a 3 color minimum standard, have a consistent basing scheme, have matching movement trays, have a matching display board with their name plaque, consistent army painting scheme, models highlighted and shaded, as well as models converted.
Judges will double check self-scoring and award up to 8 additional points.
If you have not painted your army yourself, you will be awarded no additional judging points for your final score. Therefore, the maximum total points that a player can receive for an army they didn’t paint themselves is 17. All models used in the tournament MUST be a part of your paint judging display.
Lady of the Lake GT Bonus Points:
Up to 15 bonus points can be gained
- Receive 3 points for registering & paying by June 1st, 2017.
- Receive 5 points for turning your army list in by July 15th, 2017.
Army lists should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Receive 5 points for participating in the “Gamers 4 Giving” charity.
- Receive 2 points for submitting a model in the Individual Miniature Painting Contest.
#1 Tournament Rule: Have fun and give your opponent a fun game.
These rules are subject to change at the discretion of the tournament organizers as they see fit due to new releases. The rules will be set and remain unchanged on or before June 30th, 2017.